As a Lead Software Engineer at Pixelmatic, you will be a key member of the production team, providing technical leadership to create amazing social mobile games. Your focus will be on building the client-side game logic, animations, effects, and user interfaces for our games, but you will also manage the integration with the back-end. You’re a driven individual that wants responsibility and a real opportunity to grow into a much larger role.
- Develop social mobile games with the Unity Engine.
- Identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering.
- Identify performance bottlenecks and optimize for scalability, efficiency, and maintainability in the most cost effective and practical way.
- Participate in all aspects of game development, from initial concept to QA and post launch updates.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Promote code maintainability, extensibility, and reusability.
- Writing clean, commented, and bug-free code.
- 2+ years of Unity development experience with C#.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or a related technical field.
- Able to find simple and elegant solutions to address complex problems.
- Able to learn different technologies and programming languages quickly.
- Able to write high-performance and reusable code for UI components.
- Experience developing multi-touch applications.
- Experience integrating social networks and PHP-based back-end services.
- Has been directly responsible for technical development from concept to launch of at least one project.
- Proficient with web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS).
- Strong Object Oriented Programming skills.
- Strong understanding of web technologies and web service API calls.
- Experience with Agile software development using Scrum is a strong plus.
- Knowledgeable on bug tracking, project planning, and wiki software.
- Always learning and able to quickly adapt to new situations and challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- Extremely well organized, detail oriented, and manages time efficiency.
- Familiar with standard office software (mail, spreadsheets, documents, and presentations).
- Passionate and excited to create worlds that inspire and bring happiness to others.
- Results driven, accountable, and able to accept feedback and criticism professionally.