As a 2D Artist at Pixelmatic you’ll be part of our talented art team and tasked with creating beautiful artwork for our games. Your main responsibilities will be drawing and animating game assets, as well as creating user interface elements. You also have a very keen eye for aesthetics and are driven to create interesting characters and immersive worlds.
- Assist in defining the overall art style of our games.
- Creating art assets, animations, and also user interface elements.
- Creating concept art based on game design requirements.
- Exporting and managing art assets in accordance with production requirements.
- Tweaking and refining art assets as required.
- 1+ years of game production or graphic design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in art or design.
- Able to modify work based on feedback from fellow artists, engineers, and producers.
- Able to work within established art styles and follow art direction.
- Assist with the art direction of outsourced assets as needed.
- Expert level knowledge of Flash, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Must have an upbeat, positive attitude, and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Strong background in sketching, drawing, illustration, and storyboarding.
- Strong fundamental skills in use of line, light, shadow, color, and perspective.
- Strong graphical design and layout skills.
- Experience with Agile software development using Scrum is a strong plus.
- Game development experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable on bug tracking, project planning, and wiki software.
- Always learning and able to quickly adapt to new situations and challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- Extremely well organized, detail oriented, and manages time efficiency.
- Familiar with standard office software (mail, spreadsheets, documents, and presentations).
- Passionate and excited to create worlds that inspire and bring happiness to others.
- Results driven, accountable, and able to accept feedback and criticism professionally.