As a Game Designer at Pixelmatic, your responsibility will be to design game mechanics, story lines, quests, levels, items, and characters. You will also write documentation, update files, and organize game assets as needed. Another important part of your role is to analyze data and metrics in order to improve player experience and monetization in our games. Every day you will work closely with producers, engineers, and artists to create amazing social mobile games that will inspire the world.
- Communicate game designs and mechanics with team members of all disciplines.
- Create mockups and prototypes for early game concepts.
- Design game mechanics, story lines, quests, levels, items, and characters.
- Generate data values and ensure proper balance.
- Oversee and guide the implementation of features and mechanics.
- Write detailed game design documents and update proactively.
- 1-2 years of game design experience or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Able to conceptualize game systems and anticipate conflicts or problems.
- Able to work within existing designs and limitations.
- Experience in full cycle social and mobile game development.
- Expert level knowledge of Excel and able to model game data and numbers as needed.
- Knowledgeable about game balance and able to resolve balance issues with minimal change requests.
- Knowledgeable about online game operations and live game updates.
- Knowledgeable about user interface design and user experience.
- AAA game development experience is a plus.
- Experience with Agile software development using Scrum is a strong plus.
- Knowledgeable on bug tracking, project planning, and wiki software.
- Always learning and able to quickly adapt to new situations and challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- Extremely well organized, detail oriented, and manages time efficiency.
- Familiar with standard office software (mail, spreadsheets, documents, and presentations).
- Passionate and excited to create worlds that inspire and bring happiness to others.
- Results driven, accountable, and able to accept feedback and criticism professionally.